Who We Are
The Rwenzori Center for Research and Advocacy (RCRA) is an indigenous child health non-governmental organization registered with the Ministry of Internal Affairs as National NGO reg. 150313682NB, founded in 2010. Working in partnership with global donors, civil society and local communities. The RCRA also holds membership with ECOSOC of the United Nations, Girls Not Brides Global Partnership UK, the Uganda Reproductive Maternal Newborn, Child and Adolescents Health plus Nutrition (RMNCAH+N) Platform, Kasese sub-national RMNCAH Coalition, Partnership of Reproductive Maternal Newborn Child Health (PMNCH), Every Woman Every Child (EWEC), Youth Advocacy and Development Network Uganda, Global Digital Health Forum, and Uganda Health care Federation (UHF).
With the mission statement ‘empowering communities for improved livelihoods, healthcare and education appropriate for the 21st century, through awareness, research, technology, and innovation’ the RCRA continuously strives towards being a center of excellence for research and innovation while serving the communities in the Rwenzori region.
Enabling an informed and healthier society
Our strategic objectives:
- Identify orphaned and other vulnerable children (OVC) in families, deliver sustainable and participatory interventions to these OVC, their families and schools, and mobilize these families to address needs for economic benefits, education and facility health care.
- Promote interventions on sexual reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child and adolescents health, Nutrition, Malaria prevention, Family Planning, obstestric fistula, mental health, trauma, HIV/AIDS awareness, care and support to persons infected and affected.
- Promote Human Rights and interventions on youth empowerment, child protection and well-being.
- Enhance human health and well-being through translational/operational research in infectious diseases, and promote prevention and control of Non-communicable diseases (NCDs)
- Improve performance and productivity of the health workforce
- Empower communities through demand-driven integrated development programmes in smart climate and integrated natural resource management.