Project time: 27/05/2019- to date
Funded by Community Health and Sustainable Environment Africa
The principal objective of this project was to accelerate the uptake of various family planning methods in isolated rural communities in the Rwenzori Region. Delivered by a team comprised of 24 CHWs/VHTs, 2 Clinicians, 6 Midwives and 2 RCRA technical staff.
- Organizing meetings with the District Health Office to identify the locations and mobilization of the in-charges including selection of clinicians , Midwives and Nurses.
- Sourcing family planning (FP) supplies from the Ministry of Health
- Training community health workers to conduct community level mobilization outreaches
- Carrying out meetings between local leaders, health workers, the Ministry of Health and the communities to dispel myths surrounding FP and to create awareness surrounding the different types of FP.
- Oversee mobile outreach day-clinics and Backpack Nurse clinics in Busongaora North, Bukonzo and Busongola South sub-counties of the Kasese district.
- Referring critical patients who could not have been managed on site.
A total number of 177,080 people have been reached with the health services in the clinic of which 10,056 women received family planning services securing CYP 5925.